HER NOPREN COVID-19 School Nutrition Implications Working Group
This working group is a joint effort of NOPREN and Healthy Eating Research (HER). The working group is comprised of 380+ researchers, advocacy organization representatives and practitioners, and 185+ students who are exploring ways to inform policy and practice in real-time, as well as examine the impacts of federal, tribal, state, and local COVID-19 relevant decisions on food security and dietary intake. Sub-groups are focusing on school meals, the charitable food system, and other pandemic-related issues. Work group resources and agenda can be found here.
For a list complete list HER NOPREN COVID-19 Response Related Activities, click the following link.
- Meets on a monthly basis from 3:30pm-5:00pm EST
- Upcoming Call: September 11
- Contact Caroline Dunn Glagola Dunn at: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to join
- May 8th meeting
- May 22nd meeting
- June 5th meeting
- June 19th meeting
- July 17th meeting
- August 14 meeting
- September 11th meeting
- October 9th meeting
- November 13th meeting
- December 11th meeting
COVID-19 HER Resource Manager
The team at RWJF HER has created a shareable google spreadsheet that lists funded research/projects, publications, and resources related to food insecurity or diet quality/nutritional adequacy and COVID-19. We encourage you to use (and share) this resource to prevent duplication of efforts as well as encourage collaboration on projects. If you choose to add a research project you are currently working on AND need additional support/collaborators, please include your contact information (keeping in mind this spreadsheet is accessible to anyone who has the link).
You can access the spreadsheet using this link.
HER/NOPREN Summer Speaker Series for Students
Students interested in learning more about HER NOPREN COVID-19 School Nutrition Implications Working Group, the HER NOPREN WIC Learning Collaborative, or other NOPREN Working Groups are welcome to join us this summer for a first-of-its-kind six-part summer speaker series. This summer the series will focus on COVID-19 related adaptions of the key federal nutrition assistance programs. The speaker series will be designed to provide students a safe environment to learn the fundamentals of the topic, along with relevant professional opportunities in research, policy, and practice. The series will be held from 1-2pm PST/4-5pm EST on the following dates. Please email Sheila Fleischhacker for more information @ email@example.com. To download all of the call recordings, slide decks and resources, click here.
- June 3rd: Series Overview (link to call recording & slides)
- June 17th: USDA Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) (link to call recording & slides)
- July 1st: USDA National School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program (SBP), Summer Meals Program (SMP) (link to call recording & slides)
- July 15th: USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) (link to call recording & slides)
- July 29th: USDA Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) (link to call recording & slides)
- August 12th: US Food System Overview (link to call recording & slides)
- August 26th: Virtual Student Poster Presentation (link to call recording)
HER/NOPREN Healthy Food Retail Work Group WIC Retail Learning Collaborative
Contact Kirsten Arm at firstname.lastname@example.org to join